With flu and virus season continuing unabated, it's vital for us all to keep our immune systems in top shape to ward off infection, and to treat and lessen the severity of infections when they do occur. Affirm Health Center is proud to offer a variety of immune boosters in Springfield, MO. Continue reading to learn more.
Thymosin Alpha-1 is a 28-amino acid peptide that's a powerful modulator of immunity and inflammation. It is effective against both acute and chronic infections and a promising treatment option for a variety of immune-related diseases. TA-1 inhibits viral replication! This may make it an important potential weapon against viruses for which there are no current vaccines or proven treatments available.
Glutathione is a tripeptide formed from the essential amino acids cysteine, glutamate and glycine. Completely natural, produced and used by every cell in the human body, and often referred to as the “mother of all antioxidants,” it helps defend the body from cell damage and clears wrinkles and blemishes to keep skin looking young.
Glutathione is also a key part of proper liver function, meaning that proper levels will help you liver burn fat more efficiently. Once the body starts breaking down fat, glutathione will prevent reabsorption of toxins or any negative byproducts from the destroyed fat.
Glutathione production decreases as much as ten percent per decade as we age, meaning that many don’t get the amount their body needs. Supplemental Glutathione can help the body stay healthy and strong well into later years, via boosting the immune system and destroying unnecessary fat.
Glutathione acts synergistically with vitamin B12. The tripeptide and vitamin actually bind together to combat B12 depletion. For this reason, they are a fantastic combination therapy for those who are looking to burn fat and have more energy
Lipotropic B-12 injections are an improved formula over MIC B-12 injections. This formula contains a combination of B-1, B-2, B-3, B-5, B-6, and B-12 vitamins and essential amino acids; some of which are not produced by the body or not easily obtained from current food sources. These injections can be used in conjunction with many different diet plans/programs to aid in weight loss. The nutrients in lipotropic injections are a class of agents that play important roles in the body's use of fat. These compounds enhance the liver and gallbladder's role by decreasing fat deposits and speeding up the metabolism of fat and its removal from the body.
- **Lidocaine: Lidocaine is an anesthetic drug of the amino ester group. It is compounded into this formula and is used to reduce the pain in this intramuscular injection. If you are allergic to or have a sensitivity to Lidocaine, you must NOT get this particular injection.**
- Inositol: Inositol plays an important part in the health of cell membranes, especially the specialized cells in the brain, bone marrow, eyes, and intestines. The function of the cell membranes is to regulate the contents of the cells, which makes effective functioning possible. Inositol is said to promote healthy hair, hair growth, and helps in controlling estrogen levels and may assist in preventing breast lumps. It may also be of benefit in reducing blood cholesterol levels.
- Choline Chloride: Choline is an essential nutrient required by the body to make several important compounds necessary for healthy cell membranes. This nutrient helps form phosphatidylcholine, the primary phospholipid of cell membranes. It helps the transportation of lipids from the liver. Choline is also the precursor to acetylcholine, one of the crucial brain chemicals involved in memory.
- Thiamine: Thiamine (B-1) helps the body's cells convert carbohydrates into energy. It is also essential for the functioning of the heart, muscles, and nervous system.
- Riboflavin: Riboflavin is used for preventing low levels of riboflavin, cervical cancer, and migraine headaches. It is also used for treating acne, muscle cramps, burning feet syndrome, carpal tunnel syndrome, and blood disorders such as congenital methemoglobinemia and red blood cell aplasia. Some people use riboflavin for eye conditions including eye fatigue, cataracts, and glaucoma.
- Niacinamide: Niacin is used for high cholesterol. It is also used along with other treatments for circulation problems, migraine headaches, dizziness, and to reduce the diarrhea associated with cholera. Niacinamide is used for treating diabetes and two skin conditions called bullous pemphigoid and granuloma annulare.
- Dexpanthenol: Panthenol (B-5) is the stable form of panthotenic acid contained in skin and hair products. Dexpanthenol transforms into Vitamin B-5 inside the cell and plays an important role in the cell regeneration processes of the skin.
- Pyridoxine: Pyridoxine (B-6) is required by your body for utilization of energy in the foods you eat, production of red blood cells, and proper functioning of nerves. It is used to treat and prevent vitamin B-6 deficiency resulting from poor diet, certain medications, and some medical conditions.
- Methylcobalamin: Methylcobalamin (B-12) plays an important role in red blood cells, prevention and treatment of anemia, methylation reactions, and immune system regulation.
- Levocarnitine: Levocarnitine is used to prevent and treat a lack of carnitine. It is used to prevent and treat this condition in patients with kidney disease on dialysis. Carnitine is given to people whose body cannot properly use carnitine from their diet. Lack of carnitine can lead to liver, heart, and muscle problems.
- Chromium: Chromium is used to improve blood sugar control in people with prediabetes, type 1 and type 2 diabetes, and high blood sugar due to taking steroids. It is also used for depression, PCOS, lowering LDL (bad cholesterol), and raising HDL (good cholesterol) in those who take heart medications called beta blockers.
Schedule a Consultation for Immune Boosters in Springfield, MO
If you are interested in finding out more about our immune boosters, contact our office today by calling 417-823-3901 or contact us online here.