In October’s first Affirm blog, we discussed peptides and why we offer them as supplements for our patients. In this second blog, let’s get into some of the specific peptides we offer and what they do for you.
In broader categories, peptides are often used for three purposes:
- To slow the aging process. Collagen peptides can improve skin health and slow the aging of the skin. As the protein responsible for providing the skin’s underlying structural framework, collagen is critical for firm, younger looking skin.
- To improve wound healing. These bioactive peptides use collagen to reduce inflammation and to act as antioxidants.
- To prevent age-related bone loss. Collagen peptides have been shown to increase bone mass in research. They can be useful in counteracting age-related bone loss.
- To build strength and muscle mass — Collagen peptides and creatine peptides can help older patients increase muscle mass and strength.
Ten peptides we offer at Affirm
These are 10 peptides we provide patients are Affirm. These are very brief descriptions of what each peptide can provide. Ask us about more detailed information on each of these and how they can benefit you:
- Thymosin Alpha 1 — Helps restore immune function, enhance cell-mediated immunity, and increase the efficiency of antigen-presenting cells.
- Opioid growth factor — This pentapeptide regulates cell growth in normal and abnormal cells.
- AOD-9604 — This 16-amino acid peptide stimulates lipolysis and inhibits lipogenesis, lowering fat by triggering the fat release from obese fat cells.
- MOTS-C — Helps with weight loss, improves exercise capacity, helps prevent bone loss, and improves glucose regulation.
- Growth hormone — Stimulates growth and cell reproduction.
- IGF-1 — This is insulin growth factor and is produced by the liver.
- Sermorelin, Ipamorelin, Ibutamoren — These stimulate the natural production of growth hormone and stimulate the immune system. These also improve physical performance, improve sleep quality, help decrease body fat, increase lean muscle mass, reduce liver uptake of glucose, and perform other functions.
- BPC 157 — Accelerates wound healing for muscle, ligament, tendons, and nerves. Anti-inflammatory properties decrease pain in damaged areas.
- Kisspeptin-10 — This peptide stimulates the release of GnRH and other hormones that have a direct role in the production of the sex steroids testosterone and estradiol.