Human growth hormone (HGH) is an important hormone produced by your pituitary gland. It plays a key role in growth, body composition, cell repair, and metabolism. HGH also boosts muscle growth, strength, and exercise performance, and it helps you recover from injury and disease.
Unfortunately, our production of HGH declines progressively as we age. This contributes to many age-related changes, such as a decrease in lean body mass, an increase in body fat (particularly in the abdomen), and a decrease of aerobic capacity.
At Affirm Health Center, we offer HGH precursor therapy through the use of a tri-peptide precursor. This encourages your body to increase its own production of HGH.
It’s also good to combine our HGH precursor therapy with other natural ways to boost HGH production. Here are a few methods to do so.
- Lose body fat — Research has shown that excess body fat affects HGH levels in men. This is particularly true with belly fat, which is also linked to many other health problems.
- Reduce your sugar intake — An increase in insulin is associated with lower HGH levels. Refined carbohydrates and sugar raise insulin levels. While occasional treats are no big deal, too much sugar also leads to weight gain.
- Don’t eat before bed — Your body releases significant amounts of HGH at night. Because most meals cause a rise in insulin levels, this can block your body’s release of HGH if you eat close to bedtime.
- High intensity exercise — Exercise of any type is one of the most effective ways to significantly raise your HGH levels. High-intensity exercise, where you push your body to near limit for a short interval, then rest for a short interval, and repeat, is especially effective. In addition to raising HGH levels, exercise also will lower your weight.
- Get better sleep — The majority of HGH is released in pulses when we sleep. These pulses are based on the body’s internal clock or circadian rhythms. Studies have shown that poor sleep can reduce the amount of HGH your body produces. Here are some keys for better sleep: avoid screen time before bed (phones, laptops, etc.), read a book in the evening, make sure your bedroom is cool, don’t consume caffeine late in the day.
- Melatonin — Melatonin is a hormone that plays an important role in sleep and blood pressure regulation. Melatonin supplements are popular sleep aids that can increase the quality and duration of your sleep. Research has also shown that melatonin supplements may directly enhance HGH production.
If you’re feeling as if you may have lower HGH levels than you’d like, try the above natural methods for boosting your HGH. And for a more direct method, call us at Affirm Health Center, (417) 823-3901. Our HGH precursor therapy could provide the boost in HGH you need.